Over time, the walking belt maybe become misaligned. You can center the belt by using an Allen wrench and adjusting only use the left-side idler bolt. NordicTrack treadmills can vary in model style and while the model showed here may not look exactly like your machine, the procedure demonstrated here is very similar.
Always unplug your treadmill from the power outlet before working on or around any electrical components. If you need to use power while diagnosing an issue, please use caution.
Treadmill Belt Alignment Steps:
- If the belt is too far to the left, turn the wrench to the right, or clockwise.
- If the belt is too far to the right, turn the wrench to the left, or counter-clockwise.
- With the belt stopped, turn the idler bolt in one-half turn increments
- followed by one-quarter turns for finer adjustments.
- Start the walking belt and the belt should adjust
- Repeat these steps until the belt is centered.