Over time, the treadmill belt may begin to slip. This can happen if the belt is too loose. You can tighten the belt using an Allen wrench.
Nordictrack treadmills can vary in model style. While the model used shown here may not look exactly like your machine, the procedure demonstrated here is very similar.
Belt Tensioning Steps:
- Unplug the treadmill from the power outlet before working by or around any electrical components.
- When tightening the belt, turn both the left and right idler bolts the same distance and direction.
- With the belt stopped, start by turning the idler bolts in one-half turn increments.
- Follow by one-quarter turns for finer adjustments.
- Repeat these steps until the slipping no longer occurs.
A common issue when aligning a treadmill belt is a misaligned belt so next we will look at how to aligning a treadmill walking belt.